Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 14 & 15

Time to make the U-turn and start heading toward home. Day 14 was my first wet weather day. I had battled heat for almost two weeks so a little rain felt pretty good for the first hour. First I stopped and put on the rain jacket. Next I spotted a Dunkin Donuts sign and pulled in to get some tea and a couple of donuts. I could see that I was sitting right in the center of the storm so I hung out their for a while. Finally I suited up, rain gear and all, and headed out again. The rain only lasted another 30 to 40 min so it wasn't all that bad.
Stopped for the night in Ann Arbor, MI. The next morning I slept in and took a leisurely ride the rest of the way to our friends house in Bitely, MI.
Jill flys in tomorrow and will spend about a week with me. We are going to head down to the Ozarks after we stop in Illinois to see some of my relatives.
I posted a short video/slideshow on YouTube.

more to follow...

No comments: