I can't say it was my favorite summer ride. It was hot. I don't mean "gee it is warm out today" hot but real record breaking hot. From the time my friend Larry and I left Pueblo, CO and headed across the plain states till I got back to the Rockies a couple of weeks later it was hot. The day we left Pueblo it was 76 degrees at 7am. That was the last time it was that cool until I got back to Flagstaff. We did have a few pleasant days in Michigan but that was about it.
The only way to get ahead of the heat was to leave before dawn. The day I left Oklahoma City heading for home it was 82 degrees at 5:15am. My temp gauge on the bike hit 113 that day but I made it to Flagstaff, AZ and some cooler weather.
The BMW Rally was good. The first day, Friday for me, was just too hot and I only lasted about 3 hours. Saturday was busy with several seminars and lots of vendors to see. Next near the rally is in Missouri and I don't know if I will ride back. I think I will wait to see what the weather is going to be before committing. I will ride somewhere but I think it will be somewhere cooler.
until I ride again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment