Monday, September 22, 2008

4 Wheel Interuption

My brother Pete and I took the opportunity to go out and play with our 4 wheel toys. We have participated in driving schools together several times. Neither one of us has ever grown out of the "teenage hot-rod" phase. A company called Driving Concepts ( www.drivingconcepts.com )is one of our favorite driving schools. They put on events at several tracks around California. This one just happened to be at Willow Springs in Rosamond, CA. One of our favorite events that they put on is the New Years Eve Day event at Laguna Seca Raceway near Monterey, CA.
We both had a good day at Willow Springs. Me in my 997 GT3 and he in his CTS-V on steriods. This was my first time at a big track in the Porsche. I had a lot of fun and quickly found that the Porsche was more car than I was driver. This will change, oh yes this will change. The change will come somewhat in part to my increased confidence but mostly due to the excellant instruction from the DrivingConcepts people. Shameless plug but true.
I hope to be shopping for a new bike soon. Not much action on my 2005 R1200GS. Since I am not in a big hurry and I really do like researching new bikes I can't say that I am disappointed as yet. Even if I sell it soon I will probably wait until the motorcycle show in December to make my final decision. I do love looking at the new bikes each year. Maybe I will write a "wayback" post soon to tell you just how much I enjoy shopping for wheeled vehicles.

More to follow...

No comments: