Let's be clear here, the motorcycle will always loose out to the girl in my case. Now that we have that clear we can move on.
For a short time after getting married I rode a 150 Honda back and forth to work but it did not satisfy my need to ride. Then came children, starting a business and just stuff. Fast forward 15 to 20 years and the kids were going off to college so I thought it was time to fire up the old motorcycle passion again.
Like all real men I waited until my wife was taking a little vacation with her friends in Mexico to run down to the local BMW store and buy a new R1100GS. A friend of mine had been raving about the bike so it was immediately on the short list. Impulse buying can be a bad thing but not in this case. Jill arrives home, sees the motorcycle in the garage and realized that there was no hope.Still working at the time I did not get to ride much at first. Fortunately I had purchased the full hard bags, top box and tank bag so I had to try them out which meant a road trip of some kind. Once I had taken that first road trip on the GS I was hooked. Two, three and more day rides started to become the norm even if they did not happen as often as I would have liked.
More to follow...
No comments:
Post a Comment