I think I was 15 when one of my brothers bought a brand new Triumph T100C. It must have been a 1962 as I was a sophomore in high school. He is 4 years older than I am so he was out of high school and working. He had a car and a new motorcycle.
This is not his bike but it is just like his bike.It was actually the summer before I started high school. My brother would head off to work in the morning, I would wait a few minutes then go out to the garage and hop on the bike and head out for an adventure.
You guessed it. One day he forgot something and headed back home. I saw him coming and made a quick turn up a side street. I knew he did not see me so I beat him back to the house, got the bike back in his spot and plopped down on the couch. I was good. Well the problem here was his room was right off the garage so when he went into his room he could feel the heat still coming off the bike. Boy that is strange. How could my bike be hot if I had not ridden it since the day before. Busted. We had the typical older brother / younger brother family discussion. No broken bones but we did come to an understanding about when it was OK to ride his new bike. Surprisingly it worked out much better than I had ever thought it would. He said that as long as I asked and he was not planning on using it I could use the bike. My friends thought that that was the coolest thing ever. I had a brand new Triumph to ride around. Didn't even have a temporary license yet. California didn't have motorcycle licenses, or helmet laws, in those days so I was BMOC before I was even OC.
I was hooked on riding and life was very good.
More to follow...
No comments:
Post a Comment